In 2018, Barnard’s were awarded funding from Plymouth Early Help Innovations Small Grant Scheme to deliver an evidence based programme entitled ‘Decider Skills’ to the city.
‘Decider Skills’ aims to focus on building children and young people’s confidence and resilience. This is based upon helping children and young people to address the challenges of impulsive behaviour such as:
- Withdrawal and isolation
- Substance misuse
- Binge eating
Barnardo’s role is to provide a one-day training session for up to 40 professionals across the city who will be able to deliver the programme within their organisation to groups of children and/or young people.
The programme is usually delivered to groups of children and young people by two professionals to groups of varying sizes, so therefore it is good, where possible, to identify two staff members. It can also be delivered 1:1 with young people.
The two upcoming training sessions (you only need to attend one day) on the following dates and times:
- Thursday 21st February, 09:30 – 16:30, Four Greens Community Trust Building, Whitleigh
- Friday 22nd February, 09:30 – 16:30, Four Greens Community Trust Building, Whitleigh
There are currently the following spaces available across the two training days:
- 15 places – voluntary and community sector organisations
- 10 places – education services
- 10 places – statutory services (including Children’s Social Care, Youth and Community Services and Youth Offending)
To book a place please contact Nick Cook on email@example.com.